The Polson Family!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Terrance the Turkey

(I will start this post by saying that I completely stole this idea from my fabulously creative friend Jen.)
My girls have been asking for the last couple of weeks about why we celebrate Thanksgiving.  We've talked about the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving and read some books but I wanted a way for them to really think about how blessed we are and how much we have to be thankful for.  Then I remembered that Jen had done this with her kids the last couple of years.  So, we have our Thanksgiving turkey Terrance.  He started out November with no feathers..so sad.  We mailed out feathers to our family and asked them to write something they are thankful for on their feather.  Now we patiently wait for the feathers to return and when they do we talk about what other people are thankful for and what we are thankful for too. 

This was Terrance in the beginning.

We are excited to announce that we have received some feathers...Terrance is starting to look more like a turkey!
We'll keep you posted as Terrance fills out!

No comments:

Post a Comment