The Polson Family!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

May Birthdays

As most of you, Emily & Jason share a birthday so May 13th is always a very exciting day at our house. Added bonus, it was also Mother's Day on the 13th this year!  It was a great day! At this point I have to say, I am so sad....in preparation to get caught up on the blog I uploaded all of my pictures from the last couple of months from my camera.  I checked to make sure all the pictures were there and then deleted them off of the card.  When I came back to my picture file, somehow all of the pictures got uploaded except for all of the birthday pictures!!  I am so sad!  How does that happen? 
Anyway, this year was a Lego year for Emily.  Lego has just come out with the CUTEST girl Legos and we couldn't resist!  Along with gifts of Legos from Grandparents, Emily now has a great little collection of Legos!  In case you're wondering, they are so fun & cute and we rebuild them all the time! 
Jason always says he gets a little overshadowed by Emily's birthday but we always try to make a big deal out of his day too!!  He got breakfast in bed, a Sunday afternoon nap and great gifts!  Jason has been asking me for about 6 years to make him a denim quilt.  Well, this so happened to be his lucky year!  Super top secret like, I was able to get his quilt done without him even knowing.  It was an awesome surprise.  Just to lament my lost pictures a bit more, this is the picture I am most sad about.  I got a picture of him right as he opened the quilt and realized what it was....it was the best expression on his face!!!  Oh, I am so sad I could cry!!  If only that picture was on good old roll film, sometimes technology is a blessing & a curse!!
We topped off the evening with this bad boy!!  I know it doesn't look super pretty but this is now our new favoite cake!  Thanks Pinterest!


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!!!! Mothers day!! Loved seeing you!! Can't wait till our next adventure!

    ReplyDelete