The Polson Family!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Last Day of School!!

Really this was just the last day of school before Christmas but since we were moving it was much more for our girls. I think I underestimate how strongly our girls felt about their schools in L.A. and therefore didn't think much of this day! Let me tell you, it was much more emotional (for all of us) than I had imagined.

Lauren had her last day first. She was a little less aware of the event but was none the less sad to leave her sweet teachers. This was the third year we had been at this preschool (between Emily & Lauren) and we loved these wonderful women. They devoted so much time to these kids. And my girls loved them. While Lauren seemed adjusted to the idea, I struggled much more. I think on Lauren's last day, it hit me how much we had loved living in L.A. and how many amazing people we were leaving behind. I have to admit many tears were shed, both at the preschool and in the car later!!











Emily's last day was much harder, although for some reason I didn't plan on it. I had told Emily I would come to school in the morning and take pictures of her and her friends while they did all their fun Christmas activites. That went really well. She was so excited and loved taking all those pictures, so I thought she was ok. But when I went back to pick her up later that day, she was devastated. Apparrently, she had cried most of the day after I left and by the time I picked her up she was heartbroken. I can't even explain how sad it was. Lots of tears were shed by both of us and many of her cute friends. Her cute, amazing teacher had all prepared a bag of gifts for her to remember her friends. It was amazingly sweet. Emily's teacher is L.A. was one of those very special people. Emily loved her and she had a way of making every child feel very special. Emily's class had a pet monkey (stuffed, of course) that each child took home for a week during the year. Emily's turn happened to be her last week of school and on her last day, her teacher presented her with her very own monkey, Bono, that she could take to remember her class by. As a mom, I think nothing touches me more, than to see someone else loving you child as much as you do. It was a very special experience for Emily and all of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment