The Polson Family!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Building a House

Jason and I have this on-going joke that I seriously lack creativity skills.  And I don't mean I can't do anything creative  I like to craft a lot but I usually craft when I've gotten a good idea from somewhere, like Pinterest or when I have a pattern to follow.   I have a really hard time with coming up with my own original creative idea. I struggle coming up with stories, playing charades or things like that. This also spills over into decorating.  We've been in our house almost a year and I've yet to so much decorating because I'm still gathering ideas.  Just a note, I have picked out interior paint, so hopefully we're making progress.  So, in turn, activites like Gingerbread houses, sort of freak me out.  I can do your basic run of the mill house but I wish I could do the super creative, elaborate house.  Maybe I just need to start planning earlier in the year!  Fortunately for me, our girls are still young and they want to do all the decorating on the house.  And they have Jason, who is great at this stuff.  So despite my insecurities,we did a Gingerbread house this year.  I helped with the basic construction of the house and Jason helped in the  decorating.  And in the end, it turned out just how the girls wanted it!



1 comment:

  1. You are supposed to do that with us. :) How dare you. :)

    ReplyDelete